Thursday, May 10, 2018

Binaca Toothpaste Freebies - 2

I made the initial post on this in 2009.  Much of the 'story' is there.  Click here: [Click]

That post also attracted quite a number of people [as the comments and views suggests] that knew about this wonderful Binaca Dolls. 

Since I improved upon the old version of display, I thought an update, as a 'No.2' would help. The open old version in which I kept the dolls used to collect plenty of dust thus necessitating too much maintenance. I made a display box to solve this issue. 

Displaying in the showcase and also protecting from dust to avoid cleaning remained a challenge for a long time. But I found a way by way of 'v shape' clear plastic name display boards a former neighbour had given. Cutting the plastic to pieces of measured dimensions was a tricky affair.  Glad it came off well. 
Click on images to 'enlargify'.


This would form the base.


The left shelf.


The right shelf. The sea horse had to be mounted on a piece of stiff plastic.


Full collection before keeping inside the box.


The 'Binaca Zoo' now inside the box, joints sealed by cellophane tape.


Side view of the box.


Ready for the showcase. Any dust.... just wipe the box! 

* * * * 

I remembered yet another little freebie that used to come in the Binaca toothpaste box just before these attractive dolls.  It used to be a small gold-like plastic pendant with different letters of the Alphabet. My aunt had collected many but none survived. They were the size of a shirt button, something like this:


My illustration to show how it was.

" " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "

6 comments:

AroonKalandy said...

I still remember fondly these Binaca toys I collected as a kid.I got nearly fifty after extensive search and many were obtained by exchanging vintage comics. Your article again brought nostalgia of those innocent golden days. Thanks for the post

Unknown said...

Lovely to see. Thanks

Unknown said...

Is there any means of retrieving these Binaca toys?
I really miss them

Indian Curry said...

My aunt would arrange dolls in Dussara time. A week or two before the Dussera, she would put sand on floor in a mountain and medow
shape and sprinkle water on ragi seeds...the ragi would sprout and look like grass. The binaca figurines were arranged in this 'grass' and we hads a lovely forest full of 'wild' animals during dussera. We loved it!

Unknown said...

Oh I am sharing my binaca charms (287 in all) with my girls. They love setting then up!! Great memories!!

Unknown said...

Dear Preeti ji,
I am searching for few lost ones like DONKEY, RABBIT, HIPPO, SWAN and few more.
I also have few doubles in my collection. Since you have a large collection, can you help me in getting my lost ones especially DONKEY, if you have its spare.

My childhood passion drives me to request you if you can help me to get the same.
I can share the pic of my doubles so that we can exchange if you want any.
I look forward for favorite response.

Thanks and regards,

I will wait for your email at rajshri711@gmail.com